Please Donate

Alternative to a Paypal Donation is Gift Certificate

if you have gift certificates for a hardware store

you can Contact me at

PowerQuee@cfl.rr.com

or for a full list of needed supplies click here thank you

1-L

Friday, August 21, 2009

to clarify

Ok I’ve been asked a few times what good is this Vlog if it’s not scientific Id-Est, its not provable science, I’m not repeating the test with the same foods, and genetics come into play when you’re studying living things there is a certainty amount or a total amount of randomness to such a study.

All totally “Valid!” I did try to address this on the Koi Shack site, but I did not want to run the risk of playing Ye old pickle licking contest, by way of my words make more since than yours! no me! Blabady, blab douche baggery! So I decided to list my list of benefits here, to lower the amount of volume, if you can dig that.


The science is there, this is just not double blind, or extraneous data. How much are you feeding your fish over how much your feeding your filtration. Three times a day these Koi will be fed portioned meals. During these meals the filter will be shut down for an hour, so what ever was taken into the filters will be what exits the fish. Not well made Premium food utilized enzymes claming it should metabolize rather clean, minimal waist.

Since each tank will be equipped with there own filtration system, the filtration systems will be composed of a sump, containing 4 sections.
1) Bio Balls
2) Poly Fiber Filter Sheet [to be removed once a week and photographed]
3) Carbon filter [activated charcoal pads]
4) Protein Shimmer [who’s return will be pumped back to the tank]

Skimmites will be Photographed, weighed and logged, along with this I will periodically log ammonia spikes, Ph levels, Oxygen, Nitrites, Nitrates, Alkalinity, Hardness, Salinity, Phosphates, and Copper. This will chart the Pollution aspect of Koi foods… sins these parameters are changed by fish waist and effects stocking rates, and general water quality; why not ask how does Food A effect pollution over Food B.

This is the vicious circle you never see or think about, oh I just want to feed my fish, but why are they growing so slow, why does my neighbor have a crazy over stock pond and he gets better yield? What the deal with that, why is his water more clear, why does my skimmer have to work so hard to just get cloudy yellow water. Then again some of that does due to plant matter, but even so, with this study you will see how much the food contributes to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment